Friday, September 25, 2009

Case 03

Sorry I'm a little late on this case.
Here's the first thoughts about my third case :)
And it's all about ActionScript 3.0. My third case is to move a character on the screen without leaving it, only using AS3.

My first thoughts about this were that it was going to get interresting. I didn't have any experience with programming, so I had absolutely no clue how it works. I mean, at the time I didn't even know what a code looked like..

So on monday we got the case, and being eager to take on the new case I spent a couple of hours after school trying to figure out things. I read through the first chapter of Oriley's Learning ActionScript 3.0 A beginners Guide without understand much. It went over the basics, so at least I understood what some of the functions of the code does. Gotta read it again though. Anyway, after reading a bit I looked at the exaple files provided by the teacher and lab assistants and tried to figure out what went on. I tried to implement the example code to my own character, but it failed. After a couple of trys I figured I needed a break so I let it rest for the day.


The following days I still failed miserably at programming the character to move forth and back on the screen.

Here's what I was able to do the first couple of days:


HALP by ~Elr0hiR on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment